The LIFE Energy project has become well known and respected by experts for the results we achieve. We are being invited to various meetings, conferences and other events where we share our results. During the reporting period we participated on 2 conferences, held 12 meetings, 1 workshop and several presentations.
The survey of power lines brought a lot of interesting and unique results that are of a high importance for bird vs. power lines theme and are new in this area of study.
We achieved 240 medial outputs; LIFE Energy is among the most quoted environmental programmes in Slovak media (2nd place according medial monitoring in 2015).
• The methodology for identification of dangerous power lines (Action A1) was adjusted to results of the field survey implemented (Action C1).
• Another 25 field assistants were trained (A1, 81 together), 62 participated on the field survey (Action C1). All power lines have been surveyed in 13 project SPAs. 13 mitigation plans were prepared, a special online database is used. Bird flight diverters were procured by VSD.
• 2 Agreements with land owners were signed for trees plantation (Action C2).
• All nest boxes (55) and nests (40) produced, 30/24 installed (Action C3) and checked (Action D2).
• Professional care was ensured for 529 birds in the rescue centres involved in the project during the reporting period (Action C4).
• Population of S. citellus saved from extinction at Gemerská Hôrka and stabilised at Hrhov (Action C5).
• All 5 notice boards installed (Action E2).
• The project website www.lifeenergia.sk was used by 6848 users in 8070 sessions and the page was viewed 15 050 times in all (Action E3).
• 240 medial outputs (Action E4).
• One SC meeting was held in September 2015 (F2).