Project LIFE Energy as implemented in thirteen SPAs (Special Protection Areas) in the period of 1st September 2014 - 31st December 2019 and was aimed at protecting the ten priority bird species. Project pages are currently updated only on an occasional basis.
• Monitoring of 22 kV and 110 kV lines continued. In the project area in eastern Slovakia were defined concrete sections of 22 kV and 110 kV lines, where the bird protection measures selected in the procurement process, will be installed(Spiral, Firefly) – C1.
• In western Slovakia took place control and selection risk sections for installation of bird protection measures, in SPA Záhorské Pomoravie and Dunajské luhy – C1.
•We selected suitable areas for planting trees, in order to verify the suitability of the site, ownership and obtain consent – C2.
• We started preparing the exhibition - we developed a draft structure and do primary market research – E1.
• We published a press release about one winter monitoring of raptors, linked to the project. We recorded nine media outputs – E4.
• We have published an article about the LIFE Energy notice board, with addresses, photos and map with the coordinates and the navigation (http://lifeenergia.sk/index.php/en/news/item/637-life-energy-information-boards-were-installed).
• We have started to organize a working meeting - workshop for the purpose of presenting and discussing the results and current project progress. This meeting will take place on February 25, 2016 in Banská Bystrica – E5.